Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blackest Night #0

I got an advance copy of Blackest Night #0 and I must say, I am very excited about Blackest Night now! This issue will be available FREE next Saturday, May 2nd, 2009 at your local comic shop during Free Comic Book Day. I will be going to Tony's Kingdom of Comics here in Keizer, Oregon.

Anyway, back to this comic. I loved it. Geoff Johns is a brilliant writer and what he has done for Green Lantern has been incredible. Green Lantern is currently the best on-going superhero story in print. This issue takes what he has done with Green Lantern, combined with what has been going on in the Batverse, and launches a potentially epic event.

Among the new ring-bearers are the Black Lantern Corps. Little is known about them now, but this page gets me excited! It appears that the Black Lantern Corps are going to be comprised of dead heroes brought back to life. Will Batman be a Black Lantern?!

In August, there will be a Blackest Night: Batman #1 of 3 coming out... Is this Bruce Wayne? Brought back as a Black Lantern maybe? We'll have to wait and see! Man... this is killing me now!

So, go to your local comic shop next Saturday and pick up this issue FREE! It's a great read and sets up the Blackest Night event that will be coming out later this summer and fall.

No comments: