Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ben Templesmith is AWESOME!

A little over a month ago I posted a review of Ben Templesmith's latest Wormwood story, Wormwood: Down The Pub. And again, if you haven't read Wormwood, you are missing out. Templesmith is a master storyteller and his art is outstanding. Not like anything you've seen or read. Highly recommended.

Well, when I bought the Down The Pub issue, I ordered 10 copies of the regular cover, so that I could get one of the special 10-to-1 variant covers. But, when my retailer got the issue in, there was no variant to be found. Diamond was unresponsive and never gave an answer for where the variant was. I was very disappointed, but Templesmith responded to a tweet and said to let him know what happened with the issue. Well, after a month of nothing happening at Diamond, Templesmith sent me this e-mail:
Heya Bill,

Send me your address, am having one sent off to you TODAY.

Cheers!

-Ben
I am so excited! Thank you, Ben Templesmith!

Blogs and social networks like Twitter have done incredible things for bringing fans and creators closer than ever before. I'm lov'n it!

You can follow Ben Templesmith on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/Templesmith

No comments: