Friday, January 2, 2009

1/2/09 - Actually purchased

This is embarrassing... so naturally, I'm going to post it for the entire world to see - LOL. Monday I posted my "shopping list" for today's new comics. Well, here is what I actually ended up with:
  • Batman #684
  • Batman Cacophony #2
  • Green Lantern #36
  • Justice League of America #28
  • Justice Society of America #22
  • World of Warcraft #14  (both covers)
  • World of Warcraft Ashbringer #3
  • Marvels Eye of the Camera #2
  • Kick-Ass #5
  • Incognito #1
  • Superman #683
  • Avengers Invaders #7
  • Wizard Magazine - January 2009
  • Queen & Country Definitive Edition Volume 1
Kick-Ass was not on the original shipping list, it was added after I made my list. I heard about Incognito after Monday as well. Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips? Yes, I must read. And then Superman and Avengers Invaders had Alex Ross covers. I'm a sucker for Alex Ross art. I know it's silly to buy a comic that I probably will not read solely for the cover, but... it's Alex Ross! The Wizard magazine is featuring the Watchmen movie and I'm soaking up as much as I can about that, so I did it... I purchased my first Wizard magazine. The Queen and Country book was one I'd been meaning to pick up. I like Greg Rucka and I've heard great things about the book.

And now I sit down and read until my eyes bleed. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday, I have WAY too much to try and read in one night. I'll be lucky to have these all read before next new comic book day! I'll try and post reviews of what I read, but I don't think I'm a very good review writer. 

No comments: