Thursday, December 4, 2008

Batman #682

Well, Batman R.I.P. is over. Since many people have not read it yet, I will not spoil anything. The crossovers into other books did nothing for R.I.P., so just picking up the Batman R.I.P. Hardcover in February would be a really good idea if you want the whole story. I'll be buying it. It was a great story. Grant Morrison, while not the best Batman author IMO, does a very good job.

Didn't Batman #681 just come out last week? Two Batman books back to back weeks? Wow. I like it =o)

First of all Alex Ross gives a great cover to this issue. He has been doing Batman covers for awhile now and they are really exceptional. Most covers have little to do with the contents of the issue, but this one does well. In this issue we essentially see Batman's story recapped. We see the villains, Robin, Nightwing, etc. all fly by.

I was not greatly impressed with the apparent need for this recap or the way it was done. The art was average, but I am partial to Frank Miller and Jim Lee, so take what I say there with a grain of salt.

I'll probably always buy every issue of Batman because I like the character. This is not the best Batman issue I've ever read, but it certainly isn't the worst either. It was "meh." Probably necessary in the story, but it could have been half the pages or less. With the unimpressive art, this issue just kind of drug on... If you aren't reading Batman right now, go read Batman R.I.P. instead of picking up here ;-)

No comments: