Monday, December 8, 2008

Shopping list - 12/10/08 (Updated)

No holidays to delay, so books will be arriving in comic shops on Wednesday of this week. That makes junkies like me (who have time carved out on Wednesday evenings specifically for reading new comics) very happy. Here's what I'm getting:
  • Amazing Spider-Man #580
  • Buckaroo Bonzai: The Prequel #2
  • Green Lantern Corps #31
  • Invincible #56
  • Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #5
  • Echo #8
  • Detective Comics #851
  • Gen13 #25
  • House of Mystery #8
  • Justice League of America #27
  • The Odyssey #4
  • Psycho Guitar Killers #1
There is a lot to look forward to this week. Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane has been an incredible series. Sadly, this is the last issue. Terry Moore has been exceptional writing it. I can't wait to read this final issue and then go back and re-read all 5 issues again. I have my doubts as to whether Echo will really come out this week. The last two times it's been on the shipping list, we get it a week later (at least the West Coast). Besides, two Terry Moore books in one week? That is just madness! Too good to be true =o)

I have not read the first Buckaroo Bonzai: The Prequel issue yet. I have been waiting for both issues to be out so I can read them back to back. This week I get to do that. I'm a pretty big fan of Buckaroo Bonzai the movie, so I have high hopes for the comic =o)

Update: I decided that I'll read Invincible and Gen13 in trade paperback form - thus the Xing of them off the list

No comments: