Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Echo #8

Wow, this series gets better with each issue. We finally begin to see what Julie is really capable of! But I'm ahead of myself - some of you might not be familiar with Echo, so I should introduce it.

Julie Martin was taking pictures in the desert when she witnessed an explosion in the sky. A metallic substance rained down from the sky, sticking to her and to her truck. Once she is home and inspects her truck, more of the pieces fly from the truck to her skin. She tried to remove it, but it only spreads. It covers most of her chest and shoulders. What she doesn't know is that what rained down on her in the desert was a private/government company's battle suit... Now she is on the run and things have been getting more and more exciting.

Terry Moore is the author, artist, and cover artist. He does an incredible job telling this story. It is engaging, fun, suspenseful, and smart. The art is incredible. Each issue has been better than the last - and that is saying something, because I fell in love with it after reading the first issue.

There are several surprises along the way and I don't wait to spoil them. I will say that issue #8 was the most exciting issue so far. I highly recommend this series. A+ writing / A+ art! It makes me want to go back and read the first 7 issues again and it leaves me dying for issue #9.

No comments: