Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #1

Mike Mignola (author) and Duncan Fegredo (artist) continue their Hellboy story in this new 8-part series. Their last run together was excellent and is available in trade form: Hellboy: Darkness Calls. It is not necessary to read that before picking up this story though. This first issue begins to setup the story. Hellboy is summoned to help hunt a group of giants with a group of giant hunters. There is a surprise waiting in the story that I don't want to spoil. If you like Hellboy, this is a good start to a story. Mike Mignola never disappoints and Duncan Fegredo's art is spot-on for Hellboy. This is what Hellboy books are about. I can't wait to see where this story goes. It is setup well. Makes me wish I were reading it in a trade though, there is a cliff-hanger ending and I want more!

No comments: