Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #5

Cover artist: Terry Moore
Writer: Terry Moore
Pencils & Inks: Craig Rousseau

TWO Terry Moore books in ONE WEEK?! I've died and gone to heaven! This book is Moore writing what he writes best - a story about relationships. This is not a Spider-Man book. Heck, it's not even a superhero book at all. This is Mary Jane's high school story. It's about drama class, math class, good friends, jocks, geeks, friendship, love, and hatred. It's a Marvel title, yes, but don't let that fool you. This is a Terry Moore relationship story set in the Marvel Spider-Man world... when Peter Parker and Mary Jane are in high school.

I wrote more about the first two issues on another blog.

Sadly, this is the final issue of this series. I absolutely loved it. The issue and the series. I'll be picking up the TPB when it comes out because I know I'm going to want to re-read this story a few times as well as loan it out.

Craig Rousseau did great with the art I was not familiar with his work before this series, but I will definitely be checking out his other works. Having said that, I would have preferred seeing Terry Moore draw this book as well as write it. He is a wonderful artist as well as a writer. I love his style.

Highly recommended! Especially if you are tired of the superhero books and want something a little fuzzier =o)

No comments: