Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome to Hoxford #4

I discovered Ben Templesmith's latest work a couple months ago when issue #2 came out. Welcome to Hoxford is a 4 issue miniseries that just concluded last week. I cannot give this book a strong enough recommendation. However, it is not for everyone. To label this book "mature" would be an understatement. This is gory, freaky, suspenseful, bloody, violent, and at times, disgusting. So, just know that going into it. Having said that, this is the best horror comic I think I have ever read. Ware-wolves praying on the inmates of a mental hospital/prison.

I love Ben Templesmith's artwork and this story shows that he has a lot more than art to give to comics. This book is his idea and he wrote it as well. Excellent story, suspenseful, beautiful artwork... and it's very refreshing to see such a different take on an old concept of monsters.

I give this series a 10/10.

Oh, and follow Ben Templesmith on Twitter! He's a hoot!

No comments: